Go Back   Phinzmania > Miami Dolphin Discussions > Dolphin Talk - General Discussions

Notices

Dolphin Talk - General Discussions Everything you'll EVER want to talk about the Miami Dolphins!

Old 02-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #31
keith075

Credits: 112,050
keith075 will become famous soon enoughkeith075 will become famous soon enough
Thanked 2,174 Times in 1,285 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Time Spent Online: 3 Weeks 15 Hours 59 Minutes 39 Seconds
Call me: Keith
All Time Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Current Favorite Player: Reggie Bush
Send keith075:

a Private Message

keith075 has not championed any arcade games.

Phinzmania Donator 
Total Awards: 1

Chad Henne Dan Marino Miami Miami Heat 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finster View Post
Bad coaching is not mistreatment, all the players had the same coaches, Henne got benched because he was playing bad and we had a better option on the bench, that is football not mistreatment, he was given EVERY chance here and was treated more than fairly by this organization, thats a fact.

So you would rather lose with bad players because they are polite? This isn't charm school, Henne is a nice enough guy but so what, there's a ton of nice guys in the NFL, they actually far out weigh the loud mouths, but this is a sport that takes toughness and tremendous confidence I ones self and if your human that may manifest itself as cockyness, or brashness, it is the human condition and will always exist.

It is part and parcel with athletes in dangerous physical competition, everyone can't be the same and you have no idea what Henne is like in real life, just how he acts in front of the camera, Pat White was a nice guy, Incognito's back up is nicer than he is, Soliai's back up as well, Dan Marino wasn't as nice as Scott Mitchell, at the very least, these guys are warriors and sometimes warriors have an edge, and that is GOOD.
Finster, I have no idea what you do for a living but unless you're self employed...then that means you have a boss.

If your boss comes to you and says, "Finster, I need you to file this report, contact Mr. Smith over at ABC Inc, have the secretary type up this report, and then hang out in your office the rest of the day because I might need you."

So at around 3:30, you're called to a company meeting and your boss says, "Well, we were doing great but Finster completely screwed us today by hanging out in his office after he finished his morning work. Because of him, we're all going to have to stay late tonight and cancel the company Christmas party next month."

In this instance, would you think that you were doing your job or would you say, "My a-hole boss just made everyone turn on me over his incompetence."

This was Chad Henne's world for two years now under a coach who didn't play to win football games. While he definitely made some mistakes, the vast majority of the problem was catatonic play calling and putting way too much on the defense. I never once said "keep him cause he's nice"...I meant it as, "It sucks that a guy that good-natured is getting screwed by an organization over office politics that has nothing to do with him."

Last edited by keith075; 02-29-2012 at 04:13 PM..
  Reply With Quote Go to top

Old 03-01-2012, 08:36 AM   #32
PMZQ

Credits: 10,871
PMZQ is on a distinguished road
My Mood: Brooding
Time Spent Online: 4 Days 10 Minutes 5 Seconds
Send PMZQ:

a Private Message

PMZQ has not championed any arcade games.

This morning on Joe Rose (with Alex Marvez as guest) they are speculating that - get this - because of circumstances - Henne will command upwards of - get this - $ 3.5 million to as much as $ 4.5 million. They claim its because he has upside.

I hope Miami stays far, far away from him at that price. Because it could turn out that we miss out on Manning and RGIII, and he may look like (believe it or not) the best alternative.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:53 AM   #33
Finster

Credits: 10,541
Finster will become famous soon enough
Time Spent Online: 3 Weeks 9 Hours 55 Minutes 18 Seconds
Call me: Finster
All Time Favorite Player: Dan
Current Favorite Player: Ronnie

US Army 
Total Awards: 1

Cameron Wake Jason Taylor New Jersey Devils Davone Bess

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith075 View Post
Finster, I have no idea what you do for a living but unless you're self employed...then that means you have a boss.

If your boss comes to you and says, "Finster, I need you to file this report, contact Mr. Smith over at ABC Inc, have the secretary type up this report, and then hang out in your office the rest of the day because I might need you."

So at around 3:30, you're called to a company meeting and your boss says, "Well, we were doing great but Finster completely screwed us today by hanging out in his office after he finished his morning work. Because of him, we're all going to have to stay late tonight and cancel the company Christmas party next month."

In this instance, would you think that you were doing your job or would you say, "My a-hole boss just made everyone turn on me over his incompetence."

This was Chad Henne's world for two years now under a coach who didn't play to win football games. While he definitely made some mistakes, the vast majority of the problem was catatonic play calling and putting way too much on the defense. I never once said "keep him cause he's nice"...I meant it as, "It sucks that a guy that good-natured is getting screwed by an organization over office politics that has nothing to do with him."
I don't see that as an accurate analogy, he throws too many INTs and is not that accurate, thats why he was benched.
gunn34 (03-01-2012), PMZQ (03-01-2012)

Old 03-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #34
PMZQ

Credits: 10,871
PMZQ is on a distinguished road
My Mood: Brooding
Time Spent Online: 4 Days 10 Minutes 5 Seconds
Send PMZQ:

a Private Message

PMZQ has not championed any arcade games.

Quote:
I don't see that as an accurate analogy, he throws too many INTs and is not that accurate, thats why he was benched.
Too many INT's and his red zone attack was limp as can be. He just seemed to lose his nerve when it was crunch time, especially in the red zone.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #35
David781

Credits: 1,435
David781 is on a distinguished road
My Mood: Balanced
Time Spent Online: 1 Day 16 Hours 11 Minutes 2 Seconds
Call me: David
Current Favorite Player: Ronnie Brown
David781 has not championed any arcade games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphindebby View Post
I liked Henne ok.
Hope he finds a place where he needs to be. With some real coaching.
Agreed.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #36
CaptGreg

Credits: 25,470
CaptGreg is on a distinguished road
Time Spent Online: 6 Days 23 Hours 23 Minutes 39 Seconds
Call me: Greg
All Time Favorite Player: Marino.. for the moment
Current Favorite Player: Cameron Wake
CaptGreg has not championed any arcade games.

Henne has been resolved to the fact that he will be gone since before the end of last season. Hence him opting for the season ending surgery. I can confirm this because a business acquaintence of mine who played with Henne and Long at Mich are still pretty close here in sofl, at least for the moment. Henne may have been ruined by Henning and Lee.... I honestly think he'll wind up as the new back up for the frikkin Jets... Sparano is there, it fits the Jets M.O. and they would soil their undies if they could somehow get Henne into the mix and rub the Dolphins faithfuls and organizations collective noses in it...

Old 03-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #37
Class of Don

Credits: 13,597
Class of Don is on a distinguished road
Time Spent Online: 1 Week 3 Days 8 Hours 52 Minutes 49 Seconds
Call me: C.o.D.
Send Class of Don:

a Private Message

Class of Don has not championed any arcade games.

Cameron Wake Dan Marino Notre Dame New York Yankees Vontae Davis Davone Bess

Quote:
x 100!

Old 03-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #38
Class of Don

Credits: 13,597
Class of Don is on a distinguished road
Time Spent Online: 1 Week 3 Days 8 Hours 52 Minutes 49 Seconds
Call me: C.o.D.
Send Class of Don:

a Private Message

Class of Don has not championed any arcade games.

Cameron Wake Dan Marino Notre Dame New York Yankees Vontae Davis Davone Bess

I might be on board for bringing back Henne if all we're getting is the great Matt FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links

Phinzmania > Miami Dolphin Discussions > Dolphin Talk - General Discussions