Go Back   Phinzmania > Miami Dolphin Discussions > Dolphin Talk - General Discussions

Notices

Dolphin Talk - General Discussions Everything you'll EVER want to talk about the Miami Dolphins!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 02-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #31
keith075
 
keith075's Avatar
keith075 is offline
Posts: 2,624
Credits: 112,050
keith075 will become famous soon enoughkeith075 will become famous soon enough
Rep Power: 5
Thanked 2,174 Times in 1,285 Posts
My Mood: Amused
keith075 is offline
Join Date: Nov 2010
Time Spent Online: 3 Weeks 15 Hours 59 Minutes 39 Seconds
Call me: Keith
All Time Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Current Favorite Player: Reggie Bush
keith075 is offline
Send keith075:

a Private Message

keith075 is offline
keith075 has not championed any arcade games.
 

Phinzmania Donator 
Total Awards: 1

Chad Henne Dan Marino Miami Miami Heat 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finster View Post
Bad coaching is not mistreatment, all the players had the same coaches, Henne got benched because he was playing bad and we had a better option on the bench, that is football not mistreatment, he was given EVERY chance here and was treated more than fairly by this organization, thats a fact.

So you would rather lose with bad players because they are polite? This isn't charm school, Henne is a nice enough guy but so what, there's a ton of nice guys in the NFL, they actually far out weigh the loud mouths, but this is a sport that takes toughness and tremendous confidence I ones self and if your human that may manifest itself as cockyness, or brashness, it is the human condition and will always exist.

It is part and parcel with athletes in dangerous physical competition, everyone can't be the same and you have no idea what Henne is like in real life, just how he acts in front of the camera, Pat White was a nice guy, Incognito's back up is nicer than he is, Soliai's back up as well, Dan Marino wasn't as nice as Scott Mitchell, at the very least, these guys are warriors and sometimes warriors have an edge, and that is GOOD.
Finster, I have no idea what you do for a living but unless you're self employed...then that means you have a boss.

If your boss comes to you and says, "Finster, I need you to file this report, contact Mr. Smith over at ABC Inc, have the secretary type up this report, and then hang out in your office the rest of the day because I might need you."

So at around 3:30, you're called to a company meeting and your boss says, "Well, we were doing great but Finster completely screwed us today by hanging out in his office after he finished his morning work. Because of him, we're all going to have to stay late tonight and cancel the company Christmas party next month."

In this instance, would you think that you were doing your job or would you say, "My a-hole boss just made everyone turn on me over his incompetence."

This was Chad Henne's world for two years now under a coach who didn't play to win football games. While he definitely made some mistakes, the vast majority of the problem was catatonic play calling and putting way too much on the defense. I never once said "keep him cause he's nice"...I meant it as, "It sucks that a guy that good-natured is getting screwed by an organization over office politics that has nothing to do with him."

Last edited by keith075; 02-29-2012 at 04:13 PM..
  Reply With Quote Go to top

Old 03-01-2012, 08:36 AM   #32
PMZQ
 
PMZQ's Avatar
PMZQ is offline
Posts: 440
Credits: 10,871
PMZQ is on a distinguished road
Rep Power: 6
Thanked 122 Times in 91 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
PMZQ is offline
Join Date: Jan 2009
Time Spent Online: 4 Days 10 Minutes 5 Seconds
PMZQ is offline
Send PMZQ:

a Private Message

PMZQ is offline
PMZQ has not championed any arcade games.
 
Default

This morning on Joe Rose (with Alex Marvez as guest) they are speculating that - get this - because of circumstances - Henne will command upwards of - get this - $ 3.5 million to as much as $ 4.5 million. They claim its because he has upside.

I hope Miami stays far, far away from him at that price. Because it could turn out that we miss out on Manning and RGIII, and he may look like (believe it or not) the best alternative.
  Reply With Quote Go to top

Old 03-01-2012, 08:53 AM   #33
Finster
 
Finster's Avatar
Finster is offline
Posts: 1,522
Credits: 10,541
Finster will become famous soon enough
Rep Power: 5
Thanked 678 Times in 463 Posts
Finster is offline
Join Date: Jun 2009
Time Spent Online: 3 Weeks 9 Hours 55 Minutes 18 Seconds
Call me: Finster
All Time Favorite Player: Dan
Current Favorite Player: Ronnie
Finster is offline
Finster is offline
 

US Army 
Total Awards: 1

Cameron Wake Jason Taylor New Jersey Devils Davone Bess
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith075 View Post
Finster, I have no idea what you do for a living but unless you're self employed...then that means you have a boss.

If your boss comes to you and says, "Finster, I need you to file this report, contact Mr. Smith over at ABC Inc, have the secretary type up this report, and then hang out in your office the rest of the day because I might need you."

So at around 3:30, you're called to a company meeting and your boss says, "Well, we were doing great but Finster completely screwed us today by hanging out in his office after he finished his morning work. Because of him, we're all going to have to stay late tonight and cancel the company Christmas party next month."

In this instance, would you think that you were doing your job or would you say, "My a-hole boss just made everyone turn on me over his incompetence."

This was Chad Henne's world for two years now under a coach who didn't play to win football games. While he definitely made some mistakes, the vast majority of the problem was catatonic play calling and putting way too much on the defense. I never once said "keep him cause he's nice"...I meant it as, "It sucks that a guy that good-natured is getting screwed by an organization over office politics that has nothing to do with him."
I don't see that as an accurate analogy, he throws too many INTs and is not that accurate, thats why he was benched.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  Reply With Quote Go to top
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Finster For This Useful Post:
gunn34 (03-01-2012), PMZQ (03-01-2012)

Old 03-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #34
PMZQ
 
PMZQ's Avatar
PMZQ is offline
Posts: 440
Credits: 10,871
PMZQ is on a distinguished road
Rep Power: 6
Thanked 122 Times in 91 Posts
My Mood: Brooding
PMZQ is offline
Join Date: Jan 2009
Time Spent Online: 4 Days 10 Minutes 5 Seconds
PMZQ is offline
Send PMZQ:

a Private Message

PMZQ is offline
PMZQ has not championed any arcade games.
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finster View Post
I don't see that as an accurate analogy, he throws too many INTs and is not that accurate, thats why he was benched.
Too many INT's and his red zone attack was limp as can be. He just seemed to lose his nerve when it was crunch time, especially in the red zone.
  Reply With Quote Go to top

Old 03-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #35
David781
 
David781's Avatar
David781 is offline
Posts: 54
Credits: 1,435
David781 is on a distinguished road
Rep Power: 4
Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts
My Mood: Balanced
David781 is offline
Join Date: Apr 2010
Time Spent Online: 1 Day 16 Hours 11 Minutes 2 Seconds
Call me: David
All Time Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Current Favorite Player: Ronnie Brown
David781 is offline
David781 is offline
David781 has not championed any arcade games.
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphindebby View Post
I liked Henne ok.
Hope he finds a place where he needs to be. With some real coaching.
Agreed.

  Reply With Quote Go to top

Old 03-11-2012, 11:08 AM   #36
CaptGreg
 
CaptGreg's Avatar
CaptGreg is offline
Posts: 1,510
Credits: 25,470
CaptGreg is on a distinguished road
Rep Power: 4
Thanked 411 Times in 310 Posts
CaptGreg is offline
Join Date: Jan 2011
Time Spent Online: 6 Days 23 Hours 23 Minutes 39 Seconds
Call me: Greg
All Time Favorite Player: Marino.. for the moment
Current Favorite Player: Cameron Wake
CaptGreg is offline
CaptGreg is offline
CaptGreg has not championed any arcade games.
 
Default

Henne has been resolved to the fact that he will be gone since before the end of last season. Hence him opting for the season ending surgery. I can confirm this because a business acquaintence of mine who played with Henne and Long at Mich are still pretty close here in sofl, at least for the moment. Henne may have been ruined by Henning and Lee.... I honestly think he'll wind up as the new back up for the frikkin Jets... Sparano is there, it fits the Jets M.O. and they would soil their undies if they could somehow get Henne into the mix and rub the Dolphins faithfuls and organizations collective noses in it...
  Reply With Quote Go to top

Old 03-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #37
Class of Don
 
Class of Don's Avatar
Class of Don is offline
Posts: 604
Credits: 13,597
Class of Don is on a distinguished road
Rep Power: 7
Thanked 297 Times in 198 Posts
Class of Don is offline
Join Date: Feb 2008
Time Spent Online: 1 Week 3 Days 8 Hours 52 Minutes 49 Seconds
Call me: C.o.D.
All Time Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Current Favorite Player: Cameron Wake
Class of Don is offline
Send Class of Don:

a Private Message

Class of Don is offline
Class of Don has not championed any arcade games.
 
Cameron Wake Dan Marino Notre Dame New York Yankees Vontae Davis Davone Bess
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finster View Post
I don't see that as an accurate analogy, he throws too many INTs and is not that accurate, thats why he was benched.
x 100!
__________________
"Suffer cheatriots...suffer!" -DN
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  Reply With Quote Go to top

Old 03-11-2012, 08:55 PM   #38
Class of Don
 
Class of Don's Avatar
Class of Don is offline
Posts: 604
Credits: 13,597
Class of Don is on a distinguished road
Rep Power: 7
Thanked 297 Times in 198 Posts
Class of Don is offline
Join Date: Feb 2008
Time Spent Online: 1 Week 3 Days 8 Hours 52 Minutes 49 Seconds
Call me: C.o.D.
All Time Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Current Favorite Player: Cameron Wake
Class of Don is offline
Send Class of Don:

a Private Message

Class of Don is offline
Class of Don has not championed any arcade games.
 
Cameron Wake Dan Marino Notre Dame New York Yankees Vontae Davis Davone Bess
Default

I might be on board for bringing back Henne if all we're getting is the great Matt FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
"Suffer cheatriots...suffer!" -DN
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  Reply With Quote Go to top
Sponsored Links
Reply

  Phinzmania > Miami Dolphin Discussions > Dolphin Talk - General Discussions

Bookmarks

Tags
back, henne, real, suprise

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
[/code]
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chad Henne determined to bounce back in Miami Dolphins' pre-season finale News Hound Dolphin Talk - General Discussions 1 09-02-2009 01:57 PM
The real Ricky is back! FinFan94 Dolphin Talk - General Discussions 14 10-01-2008 07:18 PM
Why doesn't this suprise me? Patriots win again! Phan4Life NFL Talk 1 06-24-2008 11:01 AM
No Suprise Offense low dolfanreal69 NFL Talk 1 09-10-2007 10:35 AM
suprise balloons dolfan06 Jokes 0 06-12-2005 07:23 PM

Sponsored Links



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 PM.


vBulletin skins developed by: eXtremepixels
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Integrated by BBPixel ©2003-2014, jvbPlugin

vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
Copyright 2000-2010 Phinzmania.com