Go Back   Phinzmania > Miami Dolphin Discussions > Dolphin Talk - General Discussions

Notices

Dolphin Talk - General Discussions Everything you'll EVER want to talk about the Miami Dolphins!

Old 03-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #46
my 2 cents

Credits: 3,894
my 2 cents is on a distinguished roadmy 2 cents is on a distinguished road
Thanked 3,400 Times in 1,892 Posts
My Mood: Sad
Time Spent Online: 1 Month 2 Weeks 4 Days 7 Hours 52 Minutes 46 Seconds
Send my 2 cents:

a Private Message

my 2 cents has not championed any arcade games.

Alen and Ron ...just since we are the primaries in this conversation..but generally everyone here..........we are a lot more "humble" site than some of the others...and smaller so IMHO we get better conversations that do not have the stench of having to be right.....

IMO the people here realize we can be wrong about a myriad of "stuff"...we are not doing this for a living and if we were we would not be doing it here......the people here are cognizant that this is after all a message board. I certainly appreciate everyone here in particular when discussing "prospects" "fits" and the personnel "stuff" and have a special appreciation for Intrepid, Alen, Finster, Don, ........but generally everyone ...

I like offering my opinion, Ron and we have a different conversations because we have a history and know each other pretty well and have a respect built over time...Alen and I talk off line and have certainly bounced things off each other for a while now...generally I cannot think of anyone I agree with more often than Alen and even he and I have developed a mutual respect and know how to disagree without being offensive. You two in particular can generally speak for me and be accurate doing it.

We have developed different sources and hear different things......and it creates a synergy that you do not find everywhere, especially in a smaller site.

That is a long diatribe to say Do not feel like a pain and I for one would love to see Alen posting his opinion more....but it is what it is.
  Reply With Quote Go to top
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to my 2 cents For This Useful Post:
Class of Don (03-12-2012), Dolphin North (03-13-2012), Finster (03-12-2012), Intrepid FinFan (03-13-2012)

Old 03-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #47
CaptGreg

Credits: 25,518
CaptGreg is on a distinguished road
Time Spent Online: 6 Days 23 Hours 39 Minutes 48 Seconds
Call me: Greg
All Time Favorite Player: Marino.. for the moment
Current Favorite Player: Cameron Wake
Send CaptGreg:

a Private Message

CaptGreg has not championed any arcade games.

The article is a really intersting read... I keep saying it.. If Philbin is pursued by the Dolphins it's because Philbin and co. know exactly what he is. I think the potential is real. He is young, he is healthy and injury free, he knows the system that's being implemented, and he should not be as expensive as Manning.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:42 AM   #48
Intrepid FinFan

Credits: 95,297
Intrepid FinFan will become famous soon enough
Thanked 2,745 Times in 1,815 Posts
Time Spent Online: 1 Month 3 Weeks 2 Days 21 Hours 51 Minutes 52 Seconds
Send Intrepid FinFan:

a Private Message

Intrepid FinFan has not championed any arcade games.

US Navy 
Total Awards: 1

Truthfully, Ray - Alen, I agree that Tannehill's value does not put him as a first round talent. His questions, even to my eyes, are way to many to warrent using # 8 on him. I do hope that Ireland will fight the desire to please the boss and convince him that barring Luck, RGIII, Manning, or even Flynn that reaching here is counter productive to winning now!

I feel it will be interesting to see just how all of this is handled plus I really find it hard to believe that Ireland will take that chance with a first round pick, who I'd bet my plug nickle, on a QB he rates as unworthy.

With our other needs and a few players sitting at 8 worthy of getting, I'm betting he gets one of them, and it won't be another OL IMVHO.

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you! -- Pericles (430 B.C.)

Old 03-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #49
CaptGreg

Credits: 25,518
CaptGreg is on a distinguished road
Time Spent Online: 6 Days 23 Hours 39 Minutes 48 Seconds
Call me: Greg
All Time Favorite Player: Marino.. for the moment
Current Favorite Player: Cameron Wake
Send CaptGreg:

a Private Message

CaptGreg has not championed any arcade games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid FinFan View Post
Truthfully, Ray - Alen, I agree that Tannehill's value does not put him as a first round talent. His questions, even to my eyes, are way to many to warrent using # 8 on him. I do hope that Ireland will fight the desire to please the boss and convince him that barring Luck, RGIII, Manning, or even Flynn that reaching here is counter productive to winning now!

I feel it will be interesting to see just how all of this is handled plus I really find it hard to believe that Ireland will take that chance with a first round pick, who I'd bet my plug nickle, on a QB he rates as unworthy.

With our other needs and a few players sitting at 8 worthy of getting, I'm betting he gets one of them, and it won't be another OL IMVHO.
In that case Mat Moore would be logical to remain in place if the Fa option doesn't pan out
Sponsored Links

Phinzmania > Miami Dolphin Discussions > Dolphin Talk - General Discussions