Go Back   Phinzmania > Miami Dolphin Discussions > Dolphin Talk - General Discussions

Notices

Dolphin Talk - General Discussions Everything you'll EVER want to talk about the Miami Dolphins!

12 quick thoughts abpout the new fellas
Old 05-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
my 2 cents

Credits: 8,865
my 2 cents has a spectacular aura aboutmy 2 cents has a spectacular aura aboutmy 2 cents has a spectacular aura about
Thanked 3,603 Times in 1,996 Posts
My Mood: Sad
Time Spent Online: 1 Month 2 Weeks 6 Days 7 Hours 36 Minutes 22 Seconds
Send my 2 cents:

a Private Message

my 2 cents has not championed any arcade games.

Default 12 quick thoughts abpout the new fellas

Quick thoughts after a couple days watching you tubes, etc.. only guys I have seen.....rumor is and I read Waldron is a legit prospect and McRay and Shelby are solid but i have not seen them and paid little attention to Utah. Moye has solid numbers but does not really stand out....

1. Tannehill: Well covered.
2. Jonathan Martin: gonna surprise some folks...athletic....stronger than he gets credit for....needs hand work.....really like the pick.
3. Olivier Vernon: competitive.........solid pick.
4. Michael Egnew: Athletic,,,,,does he ever block? Solid seam guy. Long legs......
5. Lamar Miller: Home run.....wow type speed...pads do not slow him down....
6. Josh Kaddu: Vertical player...disruptive...easily fooled...one trick pont,,,but pretty good trick. Needs weight work, skinny arms.
7. BJ Cunningham: nice field vision.....smart player....likes under cut picks.....drops every other pass.......bad hands.
8. Keestan Randall: 4-3 tackle.....lean at 290........good roll of the dice.....has some upside. Cannot locate the ball.
9. Rishard Matthews: Would be nice if someone could throw something in his zip code.....good field vision, will work under routes....something there.....I like him better than BJ "hands like feet" Cunningham.....
10: Jerrell Root: Violent hands....Georgia game very disruptive.....why did he not play more??? Oh Boise had 3 DL guys drafted and another 2 that will be....oh.......
11. Jonas Gray: Loved him early...should have been drafted......tough kid....bad wheel?
12: Derrick Dennis: 4 year starter.......Huge, ...HUGE......athletic man.....smart....very smart kid......he can play....Al Golden loved him... what am I missing here?
  Reply With Quote Go to top
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to my 2 cents For This Useful Post:
Dofins (05-03-2012), Dolphin North (05-02-2012), dolphindebby (05-03-2012), Finster (05-03-2012), Intrepid FinFan (05-02-2012), PhinPhan8888 (05-03-2012), TD13 (05-02-2012), Union Jack Jensen (05-02-2012)

Old 05-02-2012, 07:45 PM   #2
Dolphin North

Credits: 316,519
Dolphin North will become famous soon enoughDolphin North will become famous soon enough
Thanked 4,857 Times in 3,144 Posts
My Mood: Happy
Gifts Received:
No Message - dolphan north Magic 8 ball - where is my guitar? - Father Guido Sarducci for your support with a difficult decision - Father Guido Sarducci 
Time Spent Online: 2 Months 1 Week 6 Days 6 Hours 11 Minutes 48 Seconds
All Time Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Current Favorite Player: Cameron Wake
Send Dolphin North:

a Private Message

Dolphin North has not championed any arcade games.

Moderator Coach 2009 Post of the Month Winner Columnist 
Total Awards: 4

Miami Dolphins Ronnie Brown Dan Marino Davone Bess

Quote:
Originally Posted by my 2 cents View Post
Quick thoughts after a couple days watching you tubes, etc.. only guys I have seen.....rumor is and I read Waldron is a legit prospect and McRay and Shelby are solid but i have not seen them and paid little attention to Utah. Moye has solid numbers but does not really stand out....

1. Tannehill: Well covered.
2. Jonathan Martin: gonna surprise some folks...athletic....stronger than he gets credit for....needs hand work.....really like the pick.
3. Olivier Vernon: competitive.........solid pick.
4. Michael Egnew: Athletic,,,,,does he ever block? Solid seam guy. Long legs......
5. Lamar Miller: Home run.....wow type speed...pads do not slow him down....
6. Josh Kaddu: Vertical player...disruptive...easily fooled...one trick pont,,,but pretty good trick. Needs weight work, skinny arms.
7. BJ Cunningham: nice field vision.....smart player....likes under cut picks.....drops every other pass.......bad hands.
8. Keestan Randall: 4-3 tackle.....lean at 290........good roll of the dice.....has some upside. Cannot locate the ball.
9. Rishard Matthews: Would be nice if someone could throw something in his zip code.....good field vision, will work under routes....something there.....I like him better than BJ "hands like feet" Cunningham.....
10: Jerrell Root: Violent hands....Georgia game very disruptive.....why did he not play more??? Oh Boise had 3 DL guys drafted and another 2 that will be....oh.......
11. Jonas Gray: Loved him early...should have been drafted......tough kid....bad wheel?
12: Derrick Dennis: 4 year starter.......Huge, ...HUGE......athletic man.....smart....very smart kid......he can play....Al Golden loved him... what am I missing here?
Thanks for your rundown, Ray. I'll be interested to see what some of our other college watchers have to say. As you guys hear me say each year, I rely on you all for my info on incoming draftees. I have a question for you all. Could you tell us who you think is most likely to make an impact early, or at least this year, and why?
Nice to see that there's hope there.

Last edited by Dolphin North; 05-03-2012 at 06:07 AM..

Old 05-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
my 2 cents

Credits: 8,865
my 2 cents has a spectacular aura aboutmy 2 cents has a spectacular aura aboutmy 2 cents has a spectacular aura about
Thanked 3,603 Times in 1,996 Posts
My Mood: Sad
Time Spent Online: 1 Month 2 Weeks 6 Days 7 Hours 36 Minutes 22 Seconds
Send my 2 cents:

a Private Message

my 2 cents has not championed any arcade games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
Thanks for your rundown, Ray. I'll be interested to see what some of our other college watchers have to say. As you guys hear me say each year, I rely on you all for my info on incoming draftees. I have a question for you all. Could you tell us who you think is most likely to make an impact early, or at least this year, and why?
Nice to see that there's hope there.
Personally I think Vernon and Martin. Martin because ...well because right now Lydon Murtha would be your RT.....nuff said......also Martin is smart and will pick things up quickly....Vernon is an effort guy that really grew up and will be in the rotation quickly IMO.....Miller has a shot because Daniel Thomas is dumb as dirt and Philbin "system" needs backs to identify and go flat or block and Lamar Miller is light years ahead of Thomas in understanding the game...but to Thomas credit he started to "get it" after about game 10 or so. Egnew has a shot to be on the field and as long as his medical condition does not get in the way (he is allergic to blocking.....) he should contribute.....

Of the free agents I have zero idea why Jarrell Root did not play more but I watched the Georgia game the guy was disruptive as all hell when he was in there and had some really violent hands.......so I would love to see what is there with that kid........I would also look for this Derek Dennis kid from Temple....this is a mountain of a man with some really good movement skills...four year starter and he is really really good identifying and hitting a guy in space......one thing is for sure ...you will damn sure recognize him...he will be the guy that looks like Mt. Rainier with a jersey on.

I kinda got excited watching Shelly Lyons intercept Barkley and play well in that game...but I watched some more and he is really weak at the point and pretty undersized....likes to run around blocks...

I was really disappointed watching Cunningham as I had not watched him that closely prior.....and Matthews was no great shakes to me but certainly better than Clubberham.

I really think one of these FA offensive linemen will make the team given the lack of depth and by trade Philbin is an OL guy not a QB guy like people think......I have never seen Waldon or watched the kid from BYU..but I really think if he can get in a little better shape that the Dennis kid has a shot to be more than camp fodder and might even be a productive guy down the line....maybe sooner rather than later...his issue is is he willing to work because he has obvious talent...he could be a guy they get fed up with the first week of camp and tell to go home or he could be a guy that "get's it" and starts for 7 years.......happens all the time with linemen.

Last edited by Dolphin North; 05-03-2012 at 06:07 AM..

Old 05-03-2012, 02:19 AM   #4
Finster

Credits: 10,541
Finster will become famous soon enough
Time Spent Online: 3 Weeks 9 Hours 55 Minutes 18 Seconds
Call me: Finster
All Time Favorite Player: Dan
Current Favorite Player: Ronnie

US Army 
Total Awards: 1

Cameron Wake Jason Taylor New Jersey Devils Davone Bess

Martin is my favorite pick of this draft, as always time will tell but this is my least liked draft in the Ireland era, on draft day.

This is the 1st, 1st round pick in the Ireland era thats I have not liked, I thought we reached for him and I think Tanne is a bust waiting to happen but I hope I'm wrong, he's easy to root for.

I thought we reached with Vernon, especially since he's not a passrusher, imo his ceiling is solid NFL player, his floor is STs standout, so I do believe he will be of use to us, but a safe unspectacular player imo.

Egnew the engima, again I thought this was a reach, a TE that was a WR that was turned into a TE... but never really played TE.... early for this much of a project imo.

Miller could be a great pick IF... he isn't as injury prone as it would seem, great value pick, he could be a weapon... and it's a 4th rounder.

I don't have a problem with the rest, but I'm not thrilled with what we did in the top of the draft, but time will tell.
Dolphin North (05-03-2012)

Old 05-03-2012, 06:13 AM   #5
Dolphin North

Credits: 316,519
Dolphin North will become famous soon enoughDolphin North will become famous soon enough
Thanked 4,857 Times in 3,144 Posts
My Mood: Happy
Gifts Received:
No Message - dolphan north Magic 8 ball - where is my guitar? - Father Guido Sarducci for your support with a difficult decision - Father Guido Sarducci 
Time Spent Online: 2 Months 1 Week 6 Days 6 Hours 11 Minutes 48 Seconds
All Time Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Current Favorite Player: Cameron Wake
Send Dolphin North:

a Private Message

Dolphin North has not championed any arcade games.

Moderator Coach 2009 Post of the Month Winner Columnist 
Total Awards: 4

Miami Dolphins Ronnie Brown Dan Marino Davone Bess

Quote:
Originally Posted by my 2 cents View Post
Personally I think Vernon and Martin. Martin because ...well because right now Lydon Murtha would be your RT.....nuff said......also Martin is smart and will pick things up quickly....Vernon is an effort guy that really grew up and will be in the rotation quickly IMO.....Miller has a shot because Daniel Thomas is dumb as dirt and Philbin "system" needs backs to identify and go flat or block and Lamar Miller is light years ahead of Thomas in understanding the game...but to Thomas credit he started to "get it" after about game 10 or so. Egnew has a shot to be on the field and as long as his medical condition does not get in the way (he is allergic to blocking.....) he should contribute.....

Of the free agents I have zero idea why Jarrell Root did not play more but I watched the Georgia game the guy was disruptive as all hell when he was in there and had some really violent hands.......so I would love to see what is there with that kid........I would also look for this Derek Dennis kid from Temple....this is a mountain of a man with some really good movement skills...four year starter and he is really really good identifying and hitting a guy in space......one thing is for sure ...you will damn sure recognize him...he will be the guy that looks like Mt. Rainier with a jersey on.

I kinda got excited watching Shelly Lyons intercept Barkley and play well in that game...but I watched some more and he is really weak at the point and pretty undersized....likes to run around blocks...

I was really disappointed watching Cunningham as I had not watched him that closely prior.....and Matthews was no great shakes to me but certainly better than Clubberham.

I really think one of these FA offensive linemen will make the team given the lack of depth and by trade Philbin is an OL guy not a QB guy like people think......I have never seen Waldon or watched the kid from BYU..but I really think if he can get in a little better shape that the Dennis kid has a shot to be more than camp fodder and might even be a productive guy down the line....maybe sooner rather than later...his issue is is he willing to work because he has obvious talent...he could be a guy they get fed up with the first week of camp and tell to go home or he could be a guy that "get's it" and starts for 7 years.......happens all the time with linemen.
Thanks button is not showing on your post...THANKS!

I'm pretty excited about a pass catching TE, even though Missouri TE's don't block from what I hear. I guess if he's good enough at his size you can still get completions to him when everyone on the field knows he's running a route and not staying in to block. Get this OL fixed up with Martin at the other tackle spot and maybe we don't need to keep a TE in as much. Maybe he can improve in the area eventually. I guess I should qualify all of this with how excited I was about Gates last year. Don't get me wrong, Gates' 2 catches were nice to see, but I am hoping for more this year out of our TE and out of Gates with these coaches.

Last edited by Dolphin North; 05-03-2012 at 06:18 AM..
Sponsored Links

Phinzmania > Miami Dolphin Discussions > Dolphin Talk - General Discussions