Go Back   Phinzmania > Miami Dolphin Discussions > Dolphin Talk - General Discussions

Notices

Dolphin Talk - General Discussions Everything you'll EVER want to talk about the Miami Dolphins!

Old 04-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #46
Dolphin North

Credits: 291,968
Dolphin North will become famous soon enoughDolphin North will become famous soon enough
Thanked 4,482 Times in 2,878 Posts
My Mood: Happy
Gifts Received:
No Message - dolphan north Magic 8 ball - where is my guitar? - Father Guido Sarducci for your support with a difficult decision - Father Guido Sarducci 
Time Spent Online: 2 Months 1 Week 8 Hours 9 Minutes 45 Seconds
All Time Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Current Favorite Player: Cameron Wake
Send Dolphin North:

a Private Message

Dolphin North has not championed any arcade games.

Moderator Coach 2009 Post of the Month Winner Columnist 
Total Awards: 4

Miami Dolphins Ronnie Brown Dan Marino Davone Bess

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMZQ View Post
and he wasn't good enough for the Pats, so he's gonna be all world here

UGH ! C'mon brother wake up and smell the coffee.

You tell me exactly what leads you to believe our inexperienced (Philbin has NEVER been a HC on any level) coaching staff will make him into a better player than what the Pats experienced coaching staff can do? Remember they have coached a team to a 27-5 regular season record the last 2 years, and a Super Bowl appearance.

If they don't see he has any value for their team, or they have upgraded over him, then what makes you think that the Dolphins can get more than just info about the Pats out of him ? And if the Pats have upgraded to better than him, then why didn't the Dolphins strike 1st and get that player that replaced him ?

Again Ireland not doing his job......
I think they might be able to get more out of him than Spitler, as Ray and Allen said in a much more tactful way than you. They may get more out of him than Misi, but probably will just use him to push Misi, which is a plus.

So there's my explanation and as you can see, it is not what you wanted. You want me to try to prove he is better than the best LB's on the patsies but I never said they would do that. So now please explain to me exactly "WTH makes you think" I said he would become "all world"? Also, explain why I or anyone even owe you an explanation in order to get the luxury of not having you jump down our throats with your "WTH makes you think..." and "wake up" types of overreactions?

"Read my OP again...depth, possible starter...special teams..." and look at how Fin25, Ray and Alen each disagreed on different aspects of my original post...tactfully... And you are accusing me of "All world", and I need to explain to you? Well, I explained a little but quite frankly I won't waste much more time until you treat members with a little more respect. You may run out of people who respond to you soon if you don't change your approach. It's about how you will be treated by others here.

Read, then relax, go for a walk, a run or whatever gives you time and relaxation to process what you see, and then go ahead and say what occurs to you once you reread the post and are sure of what they said. Or something. I don't know what will work for you, but you tend to blow things that people say way out of proportion sometimes, so you can easily show them how they would be wrong...if they had even said the words you put in their mouth. I feel bad for you when people jump on you sometimes but I think I can see why it happens. I know, you're jaded. Most of us are jaded but why take it out on fans? We don't make the decisions that lead to 1-15 and 15 years of garbage. Work on your approach. Proofread, reread the posts you are trying to attack and maybe people will take you more seriously and treat you more respectfully.

Sorry to be so negative about your contributions. You do make some thoughtful posts sometimes, but then you go on these tirades and sometimes it's like you missed the point of what the other person was even saying. It's a waste of your time and ours.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

But if the Patriots are so awesome they don't need to cheat, then why were they cheating? ...nor is it what the NFL should be marketing to the young. Gregg Easterbrook - 2007

Last edited by Dolphin North; 04-17-2012 at 03:14 PM..
  Reply With Quote Go to top
The Following User Says Thank You to Dolphin North For This Useful Post:
gunn34 (04-18-2012)

Old 04-17-2012, 03:09 PM   #47
my 2 cents

Credits: 3,408
my 2 cents is on a distinguished roadmy 2 cents is on a distinguished road
Thanked 3,386 Times in 1,882 Posts
My Mood: Sad
Time Spent Online: 1 Month 2 Weeks 4 Days 4 Hours 34 Minutes 57 Seconds
Send my 2 cents:

a Private Message

my 2 cents has not championed any arcade games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
I think they might be able to get more out of him than Spitler, as Ray and Allen said in a much more tactful way than you. They may get more out of him than Misi, but probably will just use him to push Misi, which is a plus.

So there's my explanation and as you can see, it is not what you wanted. You want me to try to prove he is better than the best LB's on the patsies but I never said they would do that. So now please explain to me exactly WTH makes you think I said he would become "all world"? Also, explain why I or anyone even owe you an explanation in order to get the luxury of not having you jump down our throats with your "WTH makes you think..." and "wake up" types of overreactions?

"Read my OP again...depth, possible starter...special teams..." and look at how Fin25, Ray and Alen each disagreed on different aspects of my original post...tactfully... And you are accusing me of "All world", and I need to explain to you? Well, I explained a little but quite frankly I won't waste much more time until you treat members with a little more respect. You may run out of people who respond to you soon if you don't change your approach. It's about how you will be treated by others here.

Read, then relax, go for a walk, a run or whatever gives you time and relaxation to process what you see, and then go ahead and say what occurs to you once you reread the post and are sure of what they said. Or something. I don't know what will work for you, but you tend to blow things that people say way out of proportion sometimes, so you can easily show them how they would be wrong...if they had even said the words you put in their mouth. I feel bad for you when people jump on you sometimes but I think I can see why it happens. I know, you're jaded. Most of us are jaded but why take it out on fans? We don't make the decisions that lead to 1-15 and 15 years of garbage. Work on your approach. Proofread, reread the posts you are trying to attack and maybe people will take you more seriously and treat you more respectfully.

Sorry to be so negative about your contributions. You do make some thoughtful posts sometimes, but then you go on these tirades and sometimes it's like you missed the point of what the other person was even saying. It's a waste of your time and ours.
Outstanding post!
The Following User Says Thank You to my 2 cents For This Useful Post:
Dolphin North (04-17-2012)

Old 04-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #48
PMZQ

Credits: 10,992
PMZQ is on a distinguished road
My Mood: Brooding
Time Spent Online: 4 Days 10 Minutes 5 Seconds
PMZQ has not championed any arcade games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alen1 View Post
I don't need to be "super duper" about anything. But I also don't have to be negative as all hell about everything.
Well I am all giddy that Sparano is gone, that makes 2/3's of the job done.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #49
Dolphin North

Credits: 291,968
Dolphin North will become famous soon enoughDolphin North will become famous soon enough
Thanked 4,482 Times in 2,878 Posts
My Mood: Happy
Gifts Received:
No Message - dolphan north Magic 8 ball - where is my guitar? - Father Guido Sarducci for your support with a difficult decision - Father Guido Sarducci 
Time Spent Online: 2 Months 1 Week 8 Hours 9 Minutes 45 Seconds
All Time Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Current Favorite Player: Cameron Wake
Send Dolphin North:

a Private Message

Dolphin North has not championed any arcade games.

Moderator Coach 2009 Post of the Month Winner Columnist 
Total Awards: 4

Miami Dolphins Ronnie Brown Dan Marino Davone Bess

Quote:
Originally Posted by my 2 cents View Post
The guys in this class in particular are so close at 20-50 that the margin of difference between All Pro and "would you like Fries with that" will be a lot more about player development than actual skill set.........in my opinion....but yeah we have got to get some guys that are more athletic up front on offense.......better space players to complement Bush, Daniel Thomas needs to keep coming, a hash threat or for clay to continue to develop, on defense we desperatly need an edge complement to Wake either at LB or DE, Misi needs to go or step up, we need a ball safety or two desperately, and another slot corner....that is a lot of targets and a bad year to need safeties in the draft.
Wouldn't Richard Marshall be your Slot corner? Where is he supposed to fit in?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

But if the Patriots are so awesome they don't need to cheat, then why were they cheating? ...nor is it what the NFL should be marketing to the young. Gregg Easterbrook - 2007

Last edited by Dolphin North; 04-17-2012 at 04:20 PM..

Old 04-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #50
my 2 cents

Credits: 3,408
my 2 cents is on a distinguished roadmy 2 cents is on a distinguished road
Thanked 3,386 Times in 1,882 Posts
My Mood: Sad
Time Spent Online: 1 Month 2 Weeks 4 Days 4 Hours 34 Minutes 57 Seconds
Send my 2 cents:

a Private Message

my 2 cents has not championed any arcade games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
Wouldn't Richard Marshall be your Slot corner? Where is he supposed to fit in?

I do not think we have the size to match up with NE twice a year in the slot (as an example)...the game has evolved so quickly that you almost have to have four functional corners to cover the big TE's like Gronk and Hernandez when they put them on the field at the same time......I think we match up guys like Welker but the bigger seam guys in the slot or on the hash give us trouble....they do really cool stuff like stacking Welker behind Hernandez or shadowing Gronk with multiple vertical options....they seldom use their back in the passing game really.....but regardless of the technical stuff you still need to match up and you need four corners to balance the field against their 4 and 5 wides.

Marshall I do think can play slot corner but he is not a true cover guy and I personally think his best position is safety, he is very aware in the slot spot in short areas but you have to support him with a pass rush or he will get toasted up field. Aside from Davis and Marshall you cannot drop Smith down in the slot so then you are stuck with a Chris Clemons, Nolan Carroll, Will Allen or god forbid Rashard Jones matched up on a TE or back....I doubt any of those guys can cover Danny Woodhead or Gronk.

A quality fourth corner that can do multiple things balances the field for you on defense and cuts down how someone can attack you by formation. They can still attack you but you linit what they can do by formation and it becomes more about athletes than scheme...somewhat.

We did a good job covering it up at times and Will Allen helped but at this point IMHO we almost HAVE to have another corner....one that can mirror coverage from the slot and not get shoved around doing it......draft guys would be someone like a Tremaine Johnson or Alfonzo Dennard. I love Jayron Hosley, I like Ron Brooksand Brandon Boykin and a couple guys are flat out players like Omar Bolden before he got hurt and Ryan Steed despite his pedestrian clocking is a player...but all those guys lack some junk in their trunk and are not the most aware guys to stick in the slot.....I think Tremaine Johnson makes a lot of sense in many respects, very instinctive guy ... Alen turned me on to him a while ago and I love his game after looking closely.

I doubt we go early for one with so many needs so I think you are in the Ryan Steed, Coty Sensenbaugh, Sean Prater type range before we pick one....but I would not mind having another one early that can drop down to safety with ball skills...again...TREMAINE JOHNSON.
The Following User Says Thank You to my 2 cents For This Useful Post:
Dolphin North (04-17-2012)
Sponsored Links

Phinzmania > Miami Dolphin Discussions > Dolphin Talk - General Discussions