Go Back   Phinzmania > Miami Dolphin Discussions > Dolphin Talk - General Discussions

Notices

Dolphin Talk - General Discussions Everything you'll EVER want to talk about the Miami Dolphins!

Old 02-29-2012, 07:18 AM   #16
Philter25

Credits: 43,376
Philter25 is on a distinguished roadPhilter25 is on a distinguished road
My Mood: Sunshine
Gifts Received:
for getting down with a 108 year old witch! - Father Guido Sarducci for making me laugh in "300" thread - Father Guido Sarducci for your support with a difficult decision - Father Guido Sarducci 
Time Spent Online: 3 Weeks 23 Hours 55 Minutes 26 Seconds
Call me: Phil
All Time Favorite Player: Marino
Current Favorite Player: Ronnie Brown
Send Philter25:

a Private Message

Salary Cap Expert Moderator 2009 Post of the Month Winner X2 
Total Awards: 3

Philadelphia Eagles Dan Marino Penn State Philadelphia Phillies Manchester United Miami Dolphins

I dont think he is afraid to go to any team. Teams can turn themselves around easily in 1 offseason.

Remember we were 1-15 a few years ago and made the playoffs the following year?
The 49ers werent great last year and were the #2 seed in the NFC.

Any team with the right draft and good offseason moves can turn into a playoff team. In the NFL, the talent level is so high that the difference between 7-9 and 9-7 and in the playoffs might only be a few plays over the entire season.

With Matt Moore on the roster, I dont think we end up with both. We dont need both. If RGIII needs to learn for a few weeks or the 1st year before taking over, he can learn from Moore.

And if you look at Manning's situation right now, I dont think he wants to be a tutor for a young guy for a year. He wants to play and compete for a SB while he still has 2-3 years left in him.

I think the roster's going to be a rookie QB, Moore, and a cheap vet or a late round prospect as the #3, or Manning/Flynn, Moore, and a cheap vet or a late round prospect as #3. Not both.
  Reply With Quote Go to top
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Philter25 For This Useful Post:
Dolphin North (03-01-2012), gunn34 (03-01-2012)

Old 02-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #17
KB21

Credits: 30,577
KB21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Time Spent Online: 2 Weeks 6 Days 12 Hours 52 Minutes 33 Seconds
Send KB21:

a Private Message

KB21 has not championed any arcade games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin North View Post
Tough on the cap to pay a 1st round QB as well as Manning. Also, why would he veto other teams to come here and sit when he can play. Frankly, if he were afraid to go to tough divisions and prefers to be here because of that and the beach, I wouldn't want him as badly as I want him here now. I don't think that's the case anyway.

He just said he's taking his talents to South Beach as a joke IMO.
Not with the new rookie salary scale. It's a lot easier to pay for Manning, which would be foolish IMO, and draft RGIII now than it would have been two years ago.

The reason it will not get done is if you sign Manning, you are all in to win in the next two years. You draft someone that will help you know.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:44 AM   #18
Finster

Credits: 10,541
Finster will become famous soon enough
Time Spent Online: 3 Weeks 9 Hours 55 Minutes 18 Seconds
Call me: Finster
All Time Favorite Player: Dan
Current Favorite Player: Ronnie

US Army 
Total Awards: 1

Cameron Wake Jason Taylor New Jersey Devils Davone Bess

I would like to go on record as saying that IF RGIII does get the footwork down he will be scary, someone said "a right handed Steve Young", I think he would be better than that actually, BUT SY was a pocket QB already so he had a head start imo.

On a side note, RGIII and Bush in the same back field would be interesting.
Dolphin North (03-01-2012)

Old 03-01-2012, 10:48 AM   #19
keith075

Credits: 112,093
keith075 will become famous soon enoughkeith075 will become famous soon enough
Thanked 2,178 Times in 1,288 Posts
My Mood: Amused
Time Spent Online: 3 Weeks 16 Hours 35 Minutes 55 Seconds
Call me: Keith
All Time Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Current Favorite Player: Reggie Bush
Send keith075:

a Private Message

keith075 has not championed any arcade games.

Phinzmania Donator 

Chad Henne Dan Marino Miami Miami Heat 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finster View Post

I don't think "interesting" is the right word. I'd go with "freakin' nighmare".

I would enjoy seeing it too though; two fast, agile players and one of them can actually throw the ball....oh boy! I love watching a good running QB but they scare me at the same time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to keith075 For This Useful Post:
Dolphin North (03-01-2012), Finster (03-02-2012)

Old 03-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #20
MarinePhinFan

Credits: 3,873
MarinePhinFan is on a distinguished road
Time Spent Online: 3 Days 1 Hour 15 Minutes 32 Seconds
MarinePhinFan has not championed any arcade games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith075 View Post
I've read a few columns today where analysts think that he might have done enough this past weekend to slip past Luck as #1 overall. I'm not saying that will happen, of course, but it does make the draft a little bit more interesting overall. I can't see Indy taking him over Luck in any case though...Luck is a much better fit. If Manning stays though and that pick goes up on the auction block, it will be exciting to say the least.

You have to remember that last year, experts predicted Cam Newton to go in the 2nd round and to his credit, he built enough hype to change everyone's mind. I'm hoping that it actually happens this year because I can really see the Fins moving up and grabbing that #2 pick.

I'd be happy with either QB but every time I see someone with amazing athletic talent like RG3, I think of the Randall Cunninghams and Michael Vicks of the league that get KO'd after just a few seasons. To me, agile and fast QB's (like Rice back when he was with Notre Dame) makes for the most exciting football games but it's also a liability...they just don't last 15 years like a Marino or Elway.
It wouldn't surprise me if RGIII has a better NFL career than Luck. I think Luck will have it rough in Indy (if the Colts go that route) and RGIII will be placed in a better overall position.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MarinePhinFan For This Useful Post:
Intrepid FinFan (03-06-2012), my 2 cents (03-06-2012)

Old 03-06-2012, 09:00 AM   #21
my 2 cents

Credits: 473
my 2 cents is on a distinguished roadmy 2 cents is on a distinguished road
Thanked 3,283 Times in 1,819 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed
Time Spent Online: 1 Month 2 Weeks 2 Days 19 Hours 29 Minutes 44 Seconds
Send my 2 cents:

a Private Message

my 2 cents has not championed any arcade games.

Quote:
I would like to go on record as saying that IF RGIII does get the footwork down he will be scary, someone said "a right handed Steve Young", I think he would be better than that actually, BUT SY was a pocket QB already so he had a head start imo.

Are you watching the RG3 from Baylor....because I see pretty sound footwork other than his flat feet when not pressured but he reengages quickly.......we are watching different guys....3 step is a no brainer, he bounces with nice rhythm and profile in 5 step and drives through his 7, has a nice compact bounce step when his recievers are jammed off time, keeps his profile, never hooks the ball, nice timing on his rotation, does not have Ryan Tannehill "lazy hip", gets on top of the ball, dips inside when pinched nicely, .....I really just do not see what you see, whatever that is.....other than when he has a clean pocket he relaxs too much and goes to flat feet....what do you see specifically that I am missing?

Old 03-06-2012, 09:24 AM   #22
Finster

Credits: 10,541
Finster will become famous soon enough
Time Spent Online: 3 Weeks 9 Hours 55 Minutes 18 Seconds
Call me: Finster
All Time Favorite Player: Dan
Current Favorite Player: Ronnie

US Army 

Cameron Wake Jason Taylor New Jersey Devils Davone Bess

Quote:
Originally Posted by my 2 cents View Post
Are you watching the RG3 from Baylor....because I see pretty sound footwork other than his flat feet when not pressured but he reengages quickly.......we are watching different guys....3 step is a no brainer, he bounces with nice rhythm and profile in 5 step and drives through his 7, has a nice compact bounce step when his recievers are jammed off time, keeps his profile, never hooks the ball, nice timing on his rotation, does not have Ryan Tannehill "lazy hip", gets on top of the ball, dips inside when pinched nicely, .....I really just do not see what you see, whatever that is.....other than when he has a clean pocket he relaxs too much and goes to flat feet....what do you see specifically that I am missing?
You seem to dismiss his flat feet, and also say it's "when he has too much time" but I see it WHENEVER his 1st or 2nd option is not open and flat feet is the death of all these "athletic"QBs, he doesn't reengage at all from what i see, he does not have the "tap dance" of an NFL QB which always keeps your body in position to throw, without it certain death.

Also once he is on the move he will throw from whatever position, again unlike a QB and more like a position player which will lead to inconsistancies and he is not comfortable in the pocket from what I've seen, how many of his throw are from outside the pocket to wide open WRs.

He looks a lot like PW to me, better prospect for sure but still, in this what have you done for me lately NFL he wont get the chance to sit on the bench for a few years fine tuning his game, he will get thrown to the lions and nothing gets fixed that way.
Intrepid FinFan (03-08-2012)

Old 03-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #23
my 2 cents

Credits: 473
my 2 cents is on a distinguished roadmy 2 cents is on a distinguished road
Thanked 3,283 Times in 1,819 Posts
My Mood: Relaxed
Time Spent Online: 1 Month 2 Weeks 2 Days 19 Hours 29 Minutes 44 Seconds
Send my 2 cents:

a Private Message

my 2 cents has not championed any arcade games.

Quote:
You seem to dismiss his flat feet, and also say it's "when he has too much time" but I see it WHENEVER his 1st or 2nd option is not open and flat feet is the death of all these "athletic"QBs, he doesn't reengage at all from what i see, he does not have the "tap dance" of an NFL QB which always keeps your body in position to throw, without it certain death.

Also once he is on the move he will throw from whatever position, again unlike a QB and more like a position player which will lead to inconsistancies and he is not comfortable in the pocket from what I've seen, how many of his throw are from outside the pocket to wide open WRs.

He looks a lot like PW to me, better prospect for sure but still, in this what have you done for me lately NFL he wont get the chance to sit on the bench for a few years fine tuning his game, he will get thrown to the lions and nothing gets fixed that way.
Fair enough.

I do not dismiss his flat feet but to me that is something that is very coachable and not a huge deal to me based on the total package. Some guys are driven by schematic or progression rhythm and some by feet or drop. It looks to me like he is a a "scheme rythym" guy... if someone is bumped off their route or late to a spot he goes flat footed, bounces a bit and reengages his lower body toward where he wants to go with the ball.......watch Tannehill...he is a train wreck...he opens up, drags his arm, rolls his hip and hooks the ball if he does not get exactly what he is expecting in his progression ... Tannehill will be easily fooled in the NFL and that does not even mention that stupid throwing with the wrong foot in front on his roll outs which I totally do not get.

The misconception is that Progressions are the same as reads and they are not.....reads you skip certain areas of the field because you identify something in the defense that dictates you go to a certain area, and yes you are coached where to go in progressions but it is not based off what you see YOUR guys doing..it is based off what the defense is giving you...it is more advanced than most college systems.....progressions are proactive, 1.2.3. check down or throw it away...easy peasy.....RG3 is a read guy despite what anyone wants to parrot...there are not a lot of option routes in the passing game but hell in CFB.....there are not many that do.

This kid will be ready much faster I think than people percive.
The Following User Says Thank You to my 2 cents For This Useful Post:

Old 03-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #24
Class of Don

Credits: 13,597
Class of Don is on a distinguished road
Time Spent Online: 1 Week 3 Days 8 Hours 52 Minutes 49 Seconds
Call me: C.o.D.
All Time Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Current Favorite Player: Cameron Wake
Send Class of Don:

a Private Message

Class of Don has not championed any arcade games.

Cameron Wake Dan Marino Notre Dame New York Yankees Vontae Davis Davone Bess

Quote:
Originally Posted by my 2 cents View Post
Fair enough.

I do not dismiss his flat feet but to me that is something that is very coachable and not a huge deal to me based on the total package. Some guys are driven by schematic or progression rhythm and some by feet or drop. It looks to me like he is a a "scheme rythym" guy... if someone is bumped off their route or late to a spot he goes flat footed, bounces a bit and reengages his lower body toward where he wants to go with the ball.......watch Tannehill...he is a train wreck...he opens up, drags his arm, rolls his hip and hooks the ball if he does not get exactly what he is expecting in his progression ... Tannehill will be easily fooled in the NFL and that does not even mention that stupid throwing with the wrong foot in front on his roll outs which I totally do not get.

The misconception is that Progressions are the same as reads and they are not.....reads you skip certain areas of the field because you identify something in the defense that dictates you go to a certain area, and yes you are coached where to go in progressions but it is not based off what you see YOUR guys doing..it is based off what the defense is giving you...it is more advanced than most college systems.....progressions are proactive, 1.2.3. check down or throw it away...easy peasy.....RG3 is a read guy despite what anyone wants to parrot...there are not a lot of option routes in the passing game but hell in CFB.....there are not many that do.

This kid will be ready much faster I think than people percive.
I love this analysis of Tannehill. To my untrained eye he looked like garbage. I want nothing to do with him.
The Following User Says Thank You to Class of Don For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links

Phinzmania > Miami Dolphin Discussions > Dolphin Talk - General Discussions